Sunday, April 5, 2020

Monday, April 6th: Check our Protein Synthesis Work

Hi 7th graders!  Happy Monday!
Are you remembering the work we did on protein synthesis?

If you need another refresher, here is a video that describes the step by step processes of transcription and translation.  It's a good review.  



Next, let's check your answers to the review page I asked you to complete last week.  Here is a video where I go over and explain the answers:

Here is the answer key to the protein synthesis questions:  ANSWER KEY


Today's Assignment:
Send me an email message (adolan@hccs481.org), Instagram message (ms.dolans_science), or leave a comment below to tell me these TWO things:

  1. On a scale of 0 to 5 (0 = I'm lost!; 5 = I totally get it!), tell me how well you are understanding the process of protein synthesis.  Give a brief explanation for your number.
  1. Tell me what, if anything, would be helpful for you to understand better (more practice, more diagrams, more videos, time to ask questions, etc.)




4 comments:

  1. From: Rachel Hammond, 7th grade

    1) 4.9, I understand everything you have said but there are probably more things to protein synthesis than we or even scientists know. but the unknown is the only thing that nobody understands.

    2) I think I've got it all down and am ready to move on to the next topic for the school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks Rachel.
      There is a LOT more to protein synthesis, but we don't need to go there yet. Those are topics for high school and college. :-)

      Next time you post a comment, you can just share your first name and last initial. :-)

      Delete
  2. I am at a four,because I get the idea but I don't remember most of the answers when I'm asked. When I get stuck though I use my notes or your slides. Nevaeh J.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, Nevaeh. That's what notes and my slides are for! :-)

      Delete